Saturday, September 17, 2011

Nurgaddon Complete

In preperation for Blob Park I decided to go with a different HQ then I normally take.  To this end I looked over the book and decided to give Abaddon a run for his marks.  But I was never a fan of the tiny terminator armor Abaddon model and even more so when they recasted it in resin (why they didn't wait till Chaos got a new release and recasted him in a better larger set of armor I will never understand.).  So I bought the plastic terminator lord box and did a bitz box diving to nurgle up a counts as Death Guard Abaddon, now known as Nurgaddon.  An here he is in his bile glowing glory. 



Keeping with the "Talon of Horus" model I strapped on two bolt pistols side by side and then dropped in an ammo feed from a Chaos Heavy Bolter bit.  The poxed mutation head and some green stuff here and green stuff there, nothing over the top but enough to give that sense of fusing with the armor he is, then to the sword.  Part of me felt replicating the sword was going to close to the Abaddon mark.  I wanted this guy to be Counts-As Abaddon not just a remake of him.  So I dragged out a burning brazier from the Skaven Hell Pit Abomination and took the hammer end off a Thunder hammer arm and rammed it on.  Instant Burning Plague Mace.  Put on the Emerald and White.  Some Rust here.  Weathering there.  Good to go.


The little Nurglign on the back is actual there as a counter balance for the model.  Without the little porker he would constant fall forward.

No comments: