Monday, November 19, 2012

Hordes Trollbloods Starter box

So after taking my photo of Skaldi for the Scrum Painting Challenge I figured might as well take photos of more Trollbloods I have painted up.  My first ever purchase of Hordes was the stereotypical Battlebox.

Giving me my first caster Madrak who's base I built up so that his head was at the proper size volume for a medium base.  I did this to the Troll warbeasts as well but after doing it was rather "meh" about the whole making them the size of their volume as the game seems simple in it's design of large base blocks smaller base, and not the need for true line of sight like I need in 40K.

 
Also came the twin Impalers, which is really my only beef with this battle box as unlike Warmachine where you can have redundancy in warjacks of the same type.  In hordes you need variety of warbeasts to give your caster variety of spells.  2 Impalers is a bit WTF as I have never used more then one in a game, nor do I see any Trollblood Community lists on the PP site having more then one impaler.  Since I have two though I felt the need to separate them visually.   So we have one with his "last spear shot" no caddy on the back with more.  An the other with his "I already threw it, and now I am getting another" look to him through some shaving of joints and reposing.  The later is the one seeing the table more then the former (he only has one spear shot after all).  Most of the time I find I take an Impaler for Far Strike and also to function as my transfer target for my warcaster.

 

Next up is my first and probably favorite beat stick.  Thresher is so nice and I decided since he has probably applied the axe to many an armored Banethrall or Skorne Cyclope that it needed to be dinged up and missing some pieces.  Even in it's ruined form you can see he loves to swing it, as can be witnessed on that twisted grin on his face.


Workbench
10 Fennblades
Storm Troll
5 Champions
Janessia
Runebearer
Grim Angus
Borka & Keggy

No comments: