Friday, November 19, 2010

Where's the Lion


I sit here looking over all the models I have collected over the years. Orks, Chaos, Daemons, Tyranids, etc.) but none of them burn to the core as much as the loss of my Dark Angels.

Over 10 years ago when I first entered a local gaming store and saw someone playing a friend on a 4x4 table with plastic toys I got hooked to Dark Angels. The story the fluff and everything in their at the time codex Angels of Death was great, and it just improved over the years. I am always a sucker for characters with internal struggle and the Dark Angels chapter was just dripping with it.

As of late though it's like GW has completely forgot about the 1st Legion. Of all their codex for there flag ship army (aka Space Marines) the Dark Angels one is sorely outdated and in need of a new life given to it. I see list after list claiming Dark Angels and there is hardly ever even a hint of green in them. Even more so all the things Dark Angels had that made them "OP" have been taken/stolen/absorbed and made better in other Space Marine variants.

Only all Biker Army - nope
Only all Terminators Army - nope
Plasma Cannon/Plasma tactical squads - nope.

I could go on but the point is. Besides the fluff what makes Dark Angels "special" anymore. Nothing really. Right now they are better as a story chapter then they are a table chapter.

Please. Please GW. Wake up and bring some glory back to the first sons!

No comments: