Sunday, October 16, 2011

The rise of a new force


So if you haven't seen it yet Beast of War leaked a ton of images on the new necrons which can be found here:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/

Needless to say after all the pictures and what little rumors I have seen I have jumped on this new army like a fat kid on cupcakes.  I immediately called all the local GWs and independent stores to find out what Necrons they had available so I could give myself a kick start of a painted army come Nov 5th.  The answer to the question is nothing.  No on had anything worth while, save one store that was near 2 hours away.  None the less I asked them to put a hold on it.  Grabbed my brother and jumped in a car for a long drive down and the single Necron item they had left.  The Necron battle box.  Clearing off my table of all other distractions (save my BA commission I need to finish up for a client), I now have warriors, scarabs and destroyers to look into designing. 

I say designing cause the current necron range is a bit bland.  I recognize that from the old fluff it was appropriate for everything to be bland, but with this new release of models it is clear that bland is not the necron way any more.


Time to dive into the bitz box and see what spice I can add to the older models.  I'm sure they will find a place on this blog as I go.  It begs the question though.  with most of the newer models rules site unseen how many people were interested in doing a necron army just off the leaked pictures alone.

No comments: