Monday, April 2, 2012

2000pt Local 40K Tournament at Game Vault



So the Iron Fist League (IFL) is running a local 40K tournament down at Game Vault (can't say enough good things about this place, and no they are not paying me to say this), in Fredrickburg, VA this weekend (April 7th, 2012).

Length: 3 Rounds
Size: 2000 Points
Painting: Not Required
Missions: Randomly determined standard rule book missions (I would roll one die for deployment, and objective each round, ignoring duplicate results)
Cost: $25 (100% of entry fees going to you with prizes doled out as store credit)
Format: Of every $25 entry fee, 10 goes into a prize pool split between: Most Victory Points Taken, Least Victory Points Lost, Combined Total. The remaining $15 is separated into 3 $5 "bets" on the outcome of each match. You get $10 for a win, $5 for a draw, and $0 for a loss. This encourages everyone to stick around through the last round as they have a chance at earning some of their money back.

I knew it was coming and I pushed it off.  My brother pestered me to sign up, and I pushed it off.  Today he calls me and asks if I signed up.  I told him of course "Nah man, I will get signed up before the weekend"  HA! 

Say What!?!?!

So yeah.  Even with 24 sign ups for a local unannounced tournament IFL managed to cap out (apparently it happened two weeks before the event) and has a waiting list, to which I am now number 5 on a waiting list.  And with it comes mixed reactions.

1. I am kicking myself for not getting signed up as soon as it was announced, but somewhere down inside me I had the logic of it's a local league tournament that no one really knows about with 24 spots.  The sheer notion of it capping out was just not in my mind.

2. I am excited to see that the local gamers have started to swing into more 40K gaming.  The Game Vault crew has developed quite a following and color me impressed.  As of late the Virginia 40k crowd was starting to go the way of the dinosaurs, I am glad to see it was just a phase.

So will I be attending?  Of course I will.  With army in tow I will show up to the shop and see if I make it in.  If not I will assist my friend Vaden Ball who is running the tournament.  Will you by chance be coming to this event?  See you there.

No comments: