Monday, June 4, 2012

NOVA Open Painting Competition Log

So I have been told I am a "good" painter. I have always thought of myself as an average painter who puts in just that couple more minutes on a model to make it a hair above table top standard.

That being said I have always believed you can't get better unless you try for something unattainable. To which leads me to my choice of entering a model in the up and coming NOVA Open Painting competition. They have 2 Archtypes (Sci-Fi & Fantasy/Alternate world) and 3 model types (Single model, Large Model, and Diorama). With so many choices though, I am not sure which one to enter. Part of me is thinking the Diorama would be a nice test of skill but what to do a Diorama of. 40K? Fantasy? Other gaming systems?

With only 2.5 months before the competition it's gonna be tight (considering I have an army to paint for the actual NOVA Open as well as it's display board, mix in still playing to refine the list, random RTT tournaments in between and oh yeah...that family & work thing) It's gonna be a tight run.

No comments: