Sunday, January 8, 2012

I return from the dead

Wow.  It's amazing how time flies while you are trying keep things going during the holidays.  None the less sorry for the lack of posting.  I have been working to finish out the 2K Blood Angels commission.  Nearing the last 10 figures, and then...no more red for a very long time.

On a personal painting thread I have finally settled on my Necrons color scheme (non-red).  I was tempted to go with a metallic look but felt it was a bit to..."normal", so I went with a ceramic (aka color toned) robot.  First up we have one of my Pyrrhian Eternals, the upgraded versions of Immortals when you take Anrakyr the Traveller.  I struggled with how to distinguish normal Immortals from Pyrrhian Eternals, so I decided on some good old kit-bash mix and match.


Basic Immortal body and weapon with a head swap from the Triarch Praetorian and the added elements of the "lion cloth" and tail from the Lychguard.  This gave me a bit more sense that these Immortals were a step up from the norm.  When they were going through their biotransference process Anrakyr had them selected to have "the better model".

Next up is my scratch built Cryptek.  What can I say.  I really don't like the Cryptek model GW created.  Even more so that it's a mono pose and limited gear display (which sucks for any form of WYSIWYG).  This is going to be my Harbinger of Destruction with Lance and Solar Pulse (the little orb on top of it's spine-back).


Body and legs are part of the free Overlord bits from the Barge.  Hand and staff is from the Praetorian set and head is from Deathmarks (I really really like this head).  And last but not least the ball for the Solar Pulse is one of the orbs of a Deathmark back snipped and glued on top.

My list has about 20+ play tests to it and I can shed this one little light.  These are not Space Marines.  If you ever think to play them like Space Marines you will be sorely disappointed.

No comments: